Waxing has been performed for hundreds of years, it is an effective temporary removal of hair. Waxing can be performed on all body areas from the face to legs!
At Brighton Beauty + Medispa we pride ourselves at being a professional, fast, efficient and thorough team of waxers who use only the finest quality of waxes, and maintain the highest standard of hygiene and sanitation.
At Brighton Beauty + Medispa we use 2 types of waxes:
Strip wax is applied thinly over larger areas of the body and a cloth or strip is used to carefully and skilfully by pull against the hair growth to remove the hair. We make sure all the hair is removed thoroughly, going over the area if need be and tweezing difficult hair. We are not slap dash with our treatments.
Hard wax (hot wax):
This wax is applied somewhat thickly then cools and dries at the same time (like candle wax) allowing the easy removal by the therapist. This waxing method is very beneficial for sensitive skin and sensitive areas of the body, like lip, face, eyebrows, and inner bikini line (XXX). We do not recycle wax and use strict hygiene practices.
Professional waxers are able to wax large areas quickly giving the skin a smooth finish. An inexperienced waxer can end up breaking a lot of hair just below the surface of the skin istead of removing the entire hair follicle from the root, hair will grow back in afew days if broken, and the skin can be burnt ripped and bruised.
How long does it last?
Professional waxing done correctly can last between 2-6 weeks depending on the hair growth and hormonal condition of the individual. Generally it is recommended to wax every 4-6 weeks.
- Clients using retin A or roacutane
- Warts moles or skin diseases and disorders
- Sunburnt skin
- Severe varicose veins or very thin skin
Avoid sun exposure/tanning for at least 5 days
- Avoid heavy exercise/sweating 8hrs prior
- For special occasions it is best to schedule your waxing 5 days prior to the event
- Avoid heavy exercise/sweating for 12 hrs after waxing
- Avoid sun exposure or tanning for 24 hrs or until redness is gone
- Avoid the use of exfoliants/glycolic products for 72 hrs
- Moisturise daily with tea tree body lotion to help eliminate ingrown hairs and dryness
- Loofah every 2-3 days to remove dead skin cells and avoid ingrown hairs and follow with moisturiser.
*Female XXX/Brazilians are our specialty using a combination of strip wax on the outer parts of the bikini line and hard wax on the inner most delicate areas avoiding broken hair, bruising, and pulling off of skin